Monday, December 27, 2010

Entry #20 - Catbandonment Issues

The love of my life, Augustus George Carlin
Diary of a Spinster Aunt - Entry #20
Dear Diary,
I have a sneaking suspicion that my cat, Gus, may be trying to leave me. It started the other day when I caught him sitting by the front door staring longingly up at the door knob. A few days later I discovered him testing out the single-pane windows for weakness. There are also the bags, Diary. He climbs into them at every opportunity… I think he’s made the connection that the two spinsters he lives with keep the recycling bags by the door to take outside. I also can’t help but think he is looking a little forlorn lately… almost as if he’s in a minor cat depression. I can’t say I’m surprised though, Diary, I’ve had Gus about two and a half years now and that does seem to be the time that males(human or otherwise apparently) start looking for an exit strategy. I shall hoard female cats only from now on. #evenmaleswithnoballsdontwantme #pleasedontleavemeaugustusgeorgecarlin

No comments:

Post a Comment